Friday, January 11, 2008

The Sound of Students

I am sitting in my office this Friday morning getting ready to rehearse my message for Sunday. Outside in the foyer, about 40 Middle School students are milling about getting ready to board a charter bus bound for Michigan. They are heading up to Miracle Camp (our church camp) for a weekend conference.

I've always loved hanging out with students and helping them navigate their way through life. I got my start in ministry back in 1998 as an Interim Student Minister at Fox Valley Christian Church. Even after I became a pastor to adults, I would volunteer during week-long High School conferences. I loved having extended time to hang out with the students, and they were always more open to spiritual conversations when they weren't in their normal routine.

Have a great trip guys! Lead on Jason...

No comments: