Friday, January 25, 2008

Sex God

I read Rob Bell's latest work, Sex God, on the return flight from Vegas last night. I wanted to read it in preparation for our Sexual Revolutions teaching series coming up in February at Great Oaks.

Honestly, I've got to read it again. It never became what I thought it was going to become. Remember that if you read it. It was still good, though. I think there will be more take-aways after I read it the second time.

There are a couple of things in there that I wish he would have explained a little better. It leaves some room for people to come to conclusions that may not be the most accurate or healthy. His only defense would be the use of the word "maybe" in a couple of sentences. Be sure to read this book (and all others) with an eye to Scripture. I'll post some quotes from the book later; I've already loaned out my copy to somebody.

One more book down... 26 1/2 more to go for the year!

No comments: