Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2008 NAMM Show

My good friend, Steve Osborne, is going to be working the 2008 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California this week. He is helping a friend who works for Seymour Duncan, one of the leading manufacturers of guitar pickups and stompboxes. (I have no idea what those things are...I just took that straight from their website.)

Why am I writing about this on my blog? Because one of the musicians who uses Seymour Duncan's gear is Slash from Guns N' Roses, and he is going to be at the NAMM Show this week! Steve is going to meet Slash!!!

I was (okay...still am) a huge Guns N' Roses fan. I know, I know...I'm a pastor, and the lyrics aren't always the best. But I grew up on 80's heavy metal before I became a Christian. It's hard to not think of the glory days in high school when Welcome to the Jungle or Paradise City come on the radio. And who doesn't love Sweet Child O' Mine and Patience?

I went with my older brother and sister to see Guns N' Roses and Skid Row in concert when I was sixteen. It was pretty memorable because I almost got in a fight with some drunk guy because he was becoming a little too enamored with my sister!

I can't wait to see if Steve is able to get a picture with Slash. I asked him to bring me back a signed guitar pick or something. We'll see if he is able to come through for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expect any pictures I come up with to be posted!! :-) love ya bro!!