Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend in Review :: 02-24-08

We closed out our Sexual Revolution series yesterday with some great worship & teaching. At least...that's what I was told in staff meeting this morning. I wasn't actually here to witness it!

On Saturday night it quickly became apparent that I needed to minister more to my family this weekend than to the church. Ethan was struggling emotionally, and the only cure was for Daddy to be around. After I finally got him calmed down and asleep in his bed, I realized what needed to be done.

Early on Sunday morning, I called in an impromptu vacation day and spent the entire day with my wife and kids. We played games together, did some projects around the house, and went to Karen's parents for dinner. It was a great day together, and it helped Ethan tremendously.

I want to publicly thank Bill and the staff and the Leadership Team and the people of Great Oaks for being a church where the pastor's family is allowed to be his primary ministry-focus. Thanks for your understanding and flexibility when an audible needed to be called!

No comments: