Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Sadness

My small group gathered tonight at the home of Kevin & Debbie Rauh for a Super Bowl Fiesta. The food and fellowship were great! The football...not so much.

I almost fell asleep several times during the game. I like high-scoring games, so the first three quarters were agony. The ending was fantastic, but the wrong team won. I really wanted the Patriots to have the perfect season.

Early in the evening, I called the final score 31-17 in favor of the Patriots. McKenna, the 7th grade daughter of Todd & Trisha King, had a good laugh at my expense when she said, "Well, Chris...at least you got the 17 right!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. You are just wrong. What is your problem rooting for the Patriots?

I thought I knew you . . . .

Chris Genders said...

Sorry... I really wanted the perfect season. Front-row seat to a legacy and all that!

Anonymous said...

Go Giants... So... would have rooted for Goliath? It's just so happens, in this story, David was a "The Giants."

The right team won!! :-)

Anonymous said...

The Patriots? Are we even related? GO GIANTS! Gotta root for the underdog! PLUS...if Peyton couldn't be there with the Colts...just as awesome that his brother won it!!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!!!