Friday, February 08, 2008

A New Book

I love getting gift cards for bookstores. A family in the church blessed me with a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble. I am heading out later this morning to pick up John Adams by David McCullough. I started reading this book a couple of years ago after seeing it at our local library. I renewed it 3-4 times, and I still didn't finish it back then! At least I'll own it now, so I don't feel guilty taking my time reading it.

I was never interested in history until post-college, and it has only been within the last few years that I have started reading historical biographies. McCullough is a favorite author of mine; he wrote 1776 which is a phenomenal book. I highly recommend it!

Any other historical biographies I should read?

1 comment:

Jim Clark said...

I'm planning to launch in soon on "Memoirs of Alexander Campbell" by Robert Richardson. But you know me and church history...

Jim