Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pastorus Communitatus

Pastorus Communitatus - "Community of Pastors"

No...I don't know Latin, so I have no idea if that is accurate or not, but it works for me! At Great Oaks we have an amazing sense of community among the pastors. We are here to encourage each other, to challenge each other, to hold each other accountable, to learn from each other, to pray for each other, and to do life together.

Earlier today, one of the five pastors called a leadership huddle to talk through some things he's dealing with in his area of ministry. We spent almost an hour listening, talking, and praying with each other. In the end, we all walked away with a better understanding of his heart, his ministry, and a stronger pastorus communitatus.

Have I mentioned lately that I love this place?!?

No comments: