Saturday, February 09, 2008

American Heart Association

My son, Ethan, is participating in Jump Rope for Heart through his school. They are raising money for the American Heart Association. Just in case somebody out there is looking to make a contribution to a great organization, you can do so through Ethan's personalized fundraising website. Just click here, and you can make an online contribution.

And if you do contribute, I'll have Ethan call you personally to say "Thank you!" (Unless you are a complete stranger to our family or you live in a foreign country!!!)

When I was a kid, my siblings and I used to do annual fundraisers for various organizations like the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society. I remember the challenge of being a kid and making a personal request to an adult. It is daunting, uncomfortable, challenging, and rewarding.

Even when Ethan emails a family member about his fundraising website, I make him personally call the person to ask them if they would consider donating. If they say "Yes", he then tells them he has already emailed them all of the information. It keeps it personal in this age of online giving...

No comments: