Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Exponential Reflections

Bill & I have been enjoying the Exponential Conference at Saddleback. The speakers have been humorous, poignant, and challenging. The worship led by Lincoln Brewster has been amazing!

When we arrived, we walked into the auditorium to find hundreds of round tables set up throughout the multi-purpose auditorium. After walking among the tables for a little bit looking for someplace to sit, we sat down with two other pastors towards the back of the room. I introduced myself by my first name and asked them where they were from.

"Peoria" one of them replied.

"IL?" I said.

"Yeah...you know of it?" the other one replied.

"Yeah...we are at a church in Germantown Hills. Where are you guys?"

"Faith in Washington!" one of them said.

We travel all the way to California to sit down at a table with two pastors from a church just five miles away from ours...God has a sense of humor!

I'm going to post some thoughts from the various speakers in following posts...

No comments: