Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

According to Ethan, we have been waaaaay behind on getting our house decorated for Christmas. We decided that this weekend would be as good as any to get a tree, unpack all the boxes in the basement, and set out our myriad snowmen.

Last Christmas, I attempted to tie the Christmas tree to the top of the van. Since I didn't have a roof rack, I thought it would work to just run the twine through the interior of the van and close the doors. As we're driving back home, I hear Ethan in the back, "Hey Dad! The tree is falling off the roof!" Sure enough, the twine had come undone, and we almost lost the whole thing going 55 mph down the highway!

This year I just tossed the tree in the back of the van. It was a lot easier!

The kids had fun decorating the tree and setting out the rest of the decorations. I love going back through our ornaments and remembering the history of each one. My favorite is the moose that reads - Merry Chrismoose!

No comments: