Saturday, November 17, 2007

100 Things You Need to Know About Me (61-70)

If you know me very well, you know I couldn't talk about myself without talking about food! Here goes...

61-70 :: Food

61. I like food...a lot! It is one of my biggest vices.
62. Pizza is the perfect food...bread, fruits & vegetables, meats, dairy...it's got it all!
63. The best biscuits & gravy I've ever had were in Newton at a place called Chub & Sylva's. Chub was the owner and head cook...and his physical description fit his name! Unfortunately, the restaurant shut down when I was younger.
64. I've always wanted to enter an eating contest...pies, hot dogs, whatever. I've never done it, though.
65. I feel really out of place in fancy restaurants. I once ate at Emeril's in Atlanta, and I couldn't wait to get out of there.
66. I've started eating at only local places when I travel. Some of the greatest food is found in non-franchised places. The best pizza I've ever had was in Fayetteville, WV at a place called Pies & Pints. Of course, it could have been because I was with the "boys" getting ready for a whitewater rafting trip the next day!
67. I hate any food that requires work to eat it (i.e. peel-and-eat shrimp). The big guy wants his food easily accessible!
68. I know I shouldn't eat at them, but I love buffets...especially Chinese buffets!
69. Chili's is one of my favorite places to eat - great burgers, fajitas, salads, and all-you-can-eat chips & salsa (with queso!).
70. When I was in college, I didn't have enough money for hamburger, so I would just have Helper with tater-tots.

No comments: