Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

It has been a whirlwind 48 hours around here! Here are some reflections as I sit in my family room at 10:40pm on Christmas Day...

  • We spent the night at Karen's parents house last night. It was great to spend some extended time with her family.
  • I read the Luke 2 story of Jesus' birth to the kids on Christmas Eve. It was difficult to stay upbeat about it since I had to stop the EXCESSIVE whining of a certain 6 year-old because he thought it was going to be a "really long story."
  • I went to FVCC for their 7:00pm Christmas Eve service. It was a little weird walking through the doors of the church as something other than a member or pastor. The last time I did that was in 1996 when we were just checking them out.
  • I got to hang out with Steve and the band before and after the service. I love praying with the band before they take the stage and then hanging out just chillin' in the green room after the service.
  • I love seeing Christmas and Santa through the eyes of my kids. The excitement and wonder of it all just blows me away!
  • My big Christmas present was my kayak, so there wasn't much under the tree for me this morning. Not a big deal because I am jacked about getting the kayak out on the water in the spring.
  • I love my mother-in-law's breakfast casserole!!!
  • We went into Chicago for another Christmas celebration with Karen's extended family. Lots of Polish food and memories.
  • Karen's aunt & uncle and cousins from Indiana always come up. Her cousin, Carly, was our flower girl in our wedding. She is now 17 and looking at colleges! When did I get so old?!?
  • We are back home now. The kids are asleep. It is quiet. It is nice. I'm going to bed. Goodnight and Merry Christmas!

No comments: