Sunday, December 09, 2007

Experiencing True Worship

If you've been following my blog, you know that my accountability partners and I have been reading through the entire Bible this past year. I am close to being finished. I read the entire New Testament in the last few weeks, but I still have to read the end of the Old Testament before I can say I'm done.

This morning I read the entire book of Revelation before I went to church. Want to redefine your worship experience before church next weekend? Read chapters 4 and 5 of Revelation before getting in the car. Within these two chapters, we see concentric circles of worship...

  • the four living creatures (4:6-8)
  • the twenty-four elders (4:4)
  • thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand angels (5:11-12)
  • every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea (5:13)
As I stood this morning and worshiped with a couple of hundred other people, my mind went to these passages that I had just read. In that moment, I became a lot smaller and God became a lot bigger!

No comments: