Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Voice from Iraq

I was working in the office today when an IM popped up from a good friend of mine who is serving in the Special Forces over in Iraq. We grew up together back home in Newton, IL. He played a significant part in my accepting Christ, and he was also the best man in my wedding.

We used to have these late night discussions together standing out in his driveway along with his two brothers and some other friends. We would talk through all of the normal stuff of life - school, sports, girls, motorcycles, cars - but we would always end up on the topic of faith. I miss those late-night discussions...

It was great to be able to connect with him even for a short time. He isn't due back until next year, but I am looking forward to getting together with him when he does. Be safe, JQ, and know that I am praying for you. Love you, bro!

No comments: