Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another FVCC Visit

I had the pleasure of having dinner with some great friends from FVCC last night. Jim (FVCC Student Minister) & Jackie Clark are both pursuing Master's degrees at Lincoln Christian Seminary, so after class yesterday they popped over to Peoria to hang out for a while and see my new church.

We grabbed some Geo's Pizza (great BBQ Chicken pizza!) and then toured the church building. Unfortunately, we had to keep the evening short as they had to head back home since Jackie was opening at Starbucks this morning in Geneva.

Jim joined the staff of FVCC just under three years ago, and we formed a quick friendship. (Of course, my wife says I can make friends with a lamp post!) When he & Jackie first arrived on scene at FVCC, Karen and I would invite them out every Thursday night for Survivor. It was a great time of connection, and the last three years contain a lot of other great memories with them. Jim...did you ever get a call to be on a season of Survivor?!?

Jim & Jackie - thanks for making the trip over. It really meant a lot to me! Looking forward to spending more time together in the near future...

No comments: