Monday, September 10, 2007

New Setting

I have begun working at Great Oaks Community Church. It is somewhat surreal to actually be here after all of the weeks of interviewing and waiting. I don't think it has really sunk in yet!

My last Sunday at Fox Valley Christian Church was both encouraging and heartbreaking. The people at FVCC have played such a large and important part of my life for the past 11 years; it was difficult to leave them. We didn't say, "Goodbye" though...we agreed to say, "See 'ya later!"

I am looking forward to returning to FVCC in the future when we visit our family in Geneva/Elgin for holidays. It will be great to see all of the old faces. For now, though, I have a lot of new faces to get to know!

I spent most of today unpacking my office and getting to know where things are situated in the church. I still have some organizing to do, but it is coming together. I already have a preaching date (October 7) and some classroom teaching dates set. I have to become familiar with their core class curriculum this week and next for those classroom teaching dates.

I am partnering with existing staff members to host a two-Sunday small group kickoff these next two Sundays. I will also be meeting with my small group leaders in the coming days and weeks so that I can become familiar with them and their groups.

Things will be pretty busy for a while as I assimilate into the life of Great Oaks...keep checking back for regular updates!

No comments: