Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Encounter with a Soldier

I was doing some reading at Panera today and met a young man on crutches. I struck up a conversation with him by asking what happened. Turns out it was a motorcycle accident that happened in June. Somebody pulled out in front of him, and he flew over their hood about 20 feet...broke his pelvis and fractured his leg in a couple of places.

He went on to tell me he was home on leave after a second tour in Iraq with the Marines. Get this...he said it was a blessing in disguise! He is getting some extended time home with his family that many soldiers don't get.

Do me a favor? I don't care what your political leanings are towards the war in Iraq...just send up a prayer right now for our soldiers. I've got some guys I grew up with back home in Newton that are over there, and I know they, as well as all the others, would appreciate your prayers. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris. I know all of our military appreciate prayers, whether they're in Iraq, here in the states, or somewhere else in the world (Japan).