Thursday, August 16, 2007

Heading to Peoria

It's official... I am joining the staff of Great Oaks Community Church in Metamora, IL which is a bedroom community for Peoria, IL.

The whole family spent last weekend with the church. I taught during the worship services and had my final interview with the Leadership Team on Sunday afternoon. The Lead Pastor, Bill, informed me later that afternoon that they would like to extend the invitation to join their staff. My primary focus will be adult small groups.

I am excited about this opportunity to use my giftedness and passions to help people discover the joy of living the Christian life in community with others. I truly believe that people grow the best in small groups as they are prayed for, challenged, encouraged, and held accountable.

It looks like my last Sunday at FVCC will be September 9th. I must admit that it is difficult to temper my excitement about this opportunity before me. I know it will be tough to leave FVCC and all of the friendships we have developed over the last 11 years, but the peace we have tells me it is the right step to take at this time.

To all of you who have prayed for us - even if you didn't want to and even if you prayed against us leaving - thanks for playing your part in our story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again, we'll miss you - more than I've missed anyone else in my life (except maybe for those that died, of course, I mean, afterall, they aren't coming back - you are, right?) So, maybe not more than anyone else - but close, ok?