Saturday, June 30, 2007

Baptizing Charlie

I had the privilege of baptizing Charlie last Sunday during our 10:00am adult service. It was an awesome experience all around!

Charlie and his family are very special to me. His father, Mike, is a member of my Wednesday morning Men's study and one of my whitewater rafting partners. His mother, Suzy, is our Women's Ministry team leader at FVCC. She is so optimistic and keeps me laughing all the time.

Just a couple of months ago, I had the privilege of presenting Charlie with his God & Me award during a Cub Scout ceremony. This was an award for walking through an extensive study of the Christian faith and beliefs. As an Eagle Scout and a Pastor, this was a great experience.

While I would love to take credit for Charlie's faith and spiritual growth, I believe the credit falls to Mike & Suzy for doing an awesome job raising Charlie and his brother in a strong, Christian home. Great parenting, guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hey, that's me on the internet!", Charlie said when I brought your blog up. I wanted to show Charlie how to keep in touch with Chris and all that's going on in his life. We are sure going to miss you, Dude, but are so happy and excited as you begin your new adventure in your walk with God.

Love, Suzy

And now a note from Charlie:

I'll miss you. You really mean a lot to me. I hope to see you soon.
Love, Charlie