Sunday, November 19, 2006

This Is My Church

The following is an anonmyous poem I found for the sermon I delivered today. It resonated with me, so I thought I would share it with you...

This is my church.
It is composed of people like me.
We make it what it is.


I want it to be a church
that is a light on the path of pilgrims,
leading them to Goodness, Truth and Beauty.


It will be, if I am,
It will be friendly, if I am.
Its pews will be filled, if I help to fill them.


It will do a great work, if I work.
It will bring other people into it,
To worship and fellowship, if I bring them.


It will be a church of loyalty and love,
or fearlessness and faith,
if I, who make it what it is, am filled with these.


Therefore, I dedicate myself to the task
of being what I want my church to be.

No comments: